Dr. António Gomes de Menezes, who is Chief Executive Officer of PrivatAir, is Executive in Residence for MBU. He joins a number of peers who also complement academia after having successful careers in business. Antonio holds an MA and PhD. in Economics from the Boston College, USA.
Since 2015 António Gomes de Menezes is CEO of PrivatAir, a worldwide leading airline in the ACMI/Wet Lease, Business Aviation and Training businesses, Switzerland, with over 40 years of existence.
Prior work experience of Antonio is with EuroAtlantic Airways (EAA), a 400 employee organization and one of the most profitable airlines in the world. A Portuguese private non-schedule airline, EAA is a premier choice and worldwide specialist in wet-leases, charter and ACMI services and SATA. SATA is a 1,400 employee organization comprised by SATA Air Açores, SATA Internacional, SATA Aeródromos, SATA Express and Azores Express.
Further (academic) steps in Antonios remarkable CV are:
- Business Consultant, Multiconsult, Civil Construction Projects and Studies, 2001-2007. Business Plan writing for Capital Intensive Projects, such as Hotels, Real Estate Development and Civil Construction. Secured Financing from Banks and EU Grants.
- Executive Board Member for ASTA, a Hotel Group, 2003-2007.
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Fondazione Rodolfo Debenedetti, Bocconi University, Milan, Italy, 2000-2001.
- Teaching Fellow, Boston College, USA, 1999-2000.
- Teaching Assistant, Harvard University, Harvard Summer School, USA, 2000.
- Teaching Assistant, Boston College, USA, 1997-1998.
- Research Assistant, Boston College, USA, 1996-1997, grant from The World Bank.
- Teaching Assistant, Boston College, USA, 1996.
- Teaching Assistant, University of the Azores, Portugal, 1994-1995.
- Controller, Electricity of the Azores, EDA, Portugal, 1994.
- Junior Consultant, Norma Azores, Portugal, 1994.