MBA – Master of Business Administration
Our MBA (Master of Business Administration), in taking a holistic approach to business and management development, is a rigorous program of organizational functional areas that include marketing, operations, finance and human resources, while being international in focus.
In response to the needs of today’s integrated world, MBU has designed an MBA program that enables you to develop a multi-dimensional business perspective that is essential for the globalized business environment.
Credits: 60 US credits / 90 ECTS
Requirements: 3 years of work experience minimum
Intakes: September / January / April
Program taught in: English
Diploma: Internationally recognized ACBSP accredited MBA diploma
Our Master of Business Administration, in taking a holistic approach to business and management development, is a rigorous program of organizational functional areas that include marketing, operations, finance and human resources, while being international in focus. In response to the needs of today’s integrated world, MBU has designed an MBA program that enables you to develop a multi-dimensional business perspective that is essential for the globalized business environment.Our students will be able to learn with an experienced and global cohort, due to the fact that all of our MBA students have a minimum of three years of work experience. The program’s modules integrate managerial economics, organizational behavior, strategic management, entrepreneurship and innovation, among other areas. The students will have an emphasis on skills development activities, such as career communication and management, as well as job search training. Throughout their journey at the Montreux Business University, our MBA students wishing to focus on research will have thesis supervisors to support them.
The MBU MBA program is a generalist, career-development program for applicants with at least three years of work experience. This program is underpinned by holistic development principles and its overall educational aims satisfy the International Standards for Masters Awards in Business and Management:
- The advanced study of organizations, their management and the changing external environment in which they operate;
- The preparation for and development of a career in business and management by developing skills at a professional level, or as a preparation for research or further study in the area;
- The development of the ability to apply knowledge and understanding of business and management to complex issues, both systematically and creatively, and to improve business and management practice;
- The enhancement of lifelong learning skills and personal development so as to be able to work with self-direction and originality and to contribute to business and society at large.
After completing this program, students will have an understanding of:
- The advanced study of organizations, their leadership and strategic management and the changing external environment in which they operate;
- The preparation for and development of a career in business management by developing creative and innovative analytical skills at a professional level, or as a preparation for research of further study in the area;
- The development of the ability to apply and communicate knowledge and an understanding of business and management to complex issues, both systematically and creatively, and to improve business and management practice;
- The enhancement of critical thinking, problem solving and lifelong learning skills and personal development so as to be able to work with self-direction and originality and to contribute to business and society at large.
Study Abroad Trip
Once a year, we organize a study-abroad trip for MSc students to one of our partner universities.
Students have the opportunity to meet other students from more than 17 different nationalities with over 100 participants for a special management training focused on real life case studies and activities which involve leadership, creativity, finance, marketing and management tools.
Specifically, the MBU MBA program seeks to:
- Provide a detailed and highly integrated study of business and management as concerns mainly markets, customers, finance, people, operations, IT, business policy and strategy;
- Expose students to the challenging interconnections between the functional areas of management;
- Offer a framework for reflection and learning from prior experience so as to integrate new knowledge with past experience and apply it to new situations;
- Train students in analyzing, synthesizing and solving complex unstructured business problems by providing evaluated alternative solutions;
- Develop cognitive, intellectual, personal and transferable skills that include critical thought, creativity, numeracy, team working, self-awareness, leadership, and performance management, ethical and cultural sensitivity.
|MBA Core Courses|
|Introduction to Financial Analysis|
|Financial Strategy to Sustainability|
|HR Management & Leadership|
|Accounting for New Ventures|
|Economic Decision Making|
|International Sales & Marketing|
|Negotiation & Consultancy Skills|
|Managing Operations & Supply Chains|
- Completed and signed application form
- English language proficiency test
Since English is the language of instruction at MBU, applicants whose first language is not English must take an English language proficiency test.
Students with insufficient knowledge of the language must take intensive English courses at the MBU Language Studies Center until they meet the English language proficiency requirements for admission. Students will be charged additional fees for these ESL courses.
- Bachelor’s Degree and the Official Academic Transcript
Bachelor’s Degree in business or another discipline and official academic transcript Students with a non-business degree should contact the admissions department.
- Two letters of recommendation (one of the letters should be from an academic source)
- Letter of intent (500 words minimum)
- Scanned copy of passport
MBA students must be able to prove a minimum of three years of work experience.
Students who have a non-business degree may have to pursue a Pre-Master’s program for a period of one to two semesters (three to six months) to prepare for the MBA or the MSc pathway.
How to apply?
- Send us an e-mail to email@example.com
- If you need assistance, have any questions or require additional information, send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
After you have sent all of your application documents to MBU, you will get an answer from the Admissions Department within a week.
We strongly advise you to send your applications as soon as possible in order to ensure your space at MBU.
Once your application has been approved by the Admissions Department of MBU, as well as the Dean, we will send you a scanned copy of your acceptance letter and the invoice.
After receiving your proof of payment, we will send the original acceptance letter to the Embassy of Switzerland in your country and we will let you know. You would have to make an appointment at the embassy as soon as possible.
The visa procedure can take from 6 to 12 weeks, depending on your country of origin, therefore we strongly advise you to apply way ahead of the start of the semesters.
Thanks to our international cooperation with other universities, our students have a choice to go and study for one semester at a partner university, for example:
- HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management / Leipzig, Germany
- Solbridge International School of Business / Daejeon, South Korea
- IEDC Bled School of Management / Bled, Slovenia
- University of Business & Technology / Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- ALMA Almaty Management University / Almaty, Kazakhstan
- EDC Paris Business School / Paris, France
- ESC Pau Business School / Pau, France
- MBWay Management & Business School / 14 campuses around France
- Ural Federal University Graduate School of Economics / Ekaterinburg, Russia
- University of West Alabama / Livingston, AL, USA
- Aarhus University / Aarhus, Denmark
- JAMK University of Applied Sciences / Jyvaskyla, Finland
- Wendesheim University of Applied Sciences / Zwolle, The Netherlands
- Lomonosov Moscow State University Business School / Moscow, Russia
Academic & Career Advising
At Montreux Business University, we care about your future career! That is why we provide a vast variety of academic and career advising services to counsel and guide you during your studies at MBU, as well as after you graduate.
The Dean of MBU with the Career Counselor will:
- Discuss your academic progress with you;
- Help you define your career goals;
- Based on your strengths and weaknesses, find appropriate career opportunities.
As an MBU student, you will become a lifelong member of the MBU Alumni Network, which will give you the right to benefit from any alumni mentoring programs, while keeping you connected and involved with your university.
Our housing service helps students find a furnished apartment in Montreux or its surrounding areas. The monthly rent for a furnished studio varies between 1’200 and 1’900 Swiss francs.
Do not hesitate to contact us for any further assistance.
The professors at MBU are practitioners; they helped me to change my perspective and inspired me to start my own business.
If I had to choose 3 words to define MBU I would pick: professionalism, flexibility and innovation. There is something different about MBU. The school lives out innovation in its approach to business education.
Roman Frayman (Russia), MBA Class of 2014
Go ahead and take the leap! It is undeniably worth it. Make sure you absorb all the knowledge from the professors and you will learn a lot.
Santiago Child (Colombia), MBA Class of 2014
|EU and Swiss Citizens||International Students|
|CHF 30’000||CHF 37’500|
Our MBA tuition fees include:
- Administration Fees
- Visa Fees
- Study Abroad Trip – Tuition Fees
- MBU Special Events
- an advance payment of CHF 2’000 which will be deducted from the general fee
- Application fee (CHF 150)
- Health Insurance (CHF 1’000 – required)
- Textbooks and e-books (CHF 800 – optional)
- Master Thesis (CHF 2’500 – required)
MBU seeks to have well-qualified students and will offer up to CHF 7,500 to support excelling students in their final year of studies with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 and above.
Students can apply for different loans available in their own countries and are eligible to apply for their studies at MBU. American students can also apply for a Stafford Loan Program.
Tuition payment policy
Full payment of the tuition fees is due upon receipt of the acceptance letter and invoice and prior to the student’s appointment at the Embassy.
For all EU and Swiss citizens: tuition fees are to be paid in full upon receipt of the invoice.