Master of Science in International Management
Being able to conduct business internationally is crucial to the modern business world. With this in mind, we, at the Montreux Business University, designed the Master of Science in International Management.
This program will broaden the business and human-centered skills of our students, as well as cover the main functional areas of management to offer a cohesive understanding of management and businesses. In addition to that, the MSc in International Management will provide a highly integrated study of business and management; develop an understanding of the changing nature of the links between organizations and the external environment in which they operate.
By developing job-related skills of our students and exposing them to real-life problems, corporate visits and seminars delivered by executives, researchers and academics who are at the forefront of knowledge, this program will enhance the employability of our graduates and assist them in their first steps of employment or internship.
Duration: 1 year (3 semesters) + 6-month internship and thesis
Credits: 60 US credits / 90 ECTS
- International Management
- Human Resources Management
Intakes: September / January / April
Program taught in: English
Diploma: Internationally recognized ACBSP accredited Masters’ diploma
- International Management
- Human Resources Management
This MBU program seeks to broaden the students’ business and human-centered skills and whose overall educational aims satisfy the International Standards for Masters Awards in Business and Management:
- The advanced study of organizations, their management and the changing external environment in which they operate;
- The preparation for and development of a career in business and management by developing skills at a professional level, or as a preparation for research or further study in the area;
- The development of the ability to apply knowledge and understanding of business and management to complex issues, both systematically and creatively, and to improve business and management practice;
- The enhancement of lifelong learning skills and personal development so as to be able to work with self-direction and originality and to contribute to business and society at large.
After the completion of the MSc program, our students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a highly integrated understanding of business and management as concerns mainly markets, customers, finance, people, operations, IT, business policy and strategy;
- Understand the changing nature of the links between organizations and the external environment in which they operate;
- Demonstrate holistically the knowledge, practical skills and communication skills including foreign languages necessary to effectively manage businesses;
- Develop research skills and the use of appropriate methods for data collection and analysis;
- Develop cognitive, intellectual, personal and transferable skills that include critical thought, creativity, numeracy, problem-solving, information management, team working, self-awareness, leadership, performance management, ethical and cultural sensitivity.
Study Abroad Trip
Once a year, we organize a study-abroad trip for MSc students to one of our partner universities.
Students have the opportunity to meet other students from more than 17 different nationalities with over 100 participants for a special management training focused on real life case studies and activities which involve leadership, creativity, finance, marketing and management tools.
|MSC COURSES||ELECTIVES – HRM||ELECTIVES – MARKETING||ELECTIVES – FINANCE|
|Innovation & Technology||HR Information Systems & Analytics||International Marketing||International Finance|
|Strategic Management||Coaching & Mentoring||Corporate Communications||Professional Standards & Ethics|
|International Accounting||Performance Management & Metrics||Negotiations||Financial Reporting & Analysis|
|International Human Resources Management||Total Rewards Systems||Digital Marketing||Fixed Income & Equity Investments|
|Corporate Finance Management||Strategic Workplace Planning||Production Management||Derivatives, Hedge Funds & Managed Futures|
|Global Economics||HRM in Growing Organizations||Consumer Behavior||Portfolio Management|
|Business Simulation Game||HRM in Emerging Economies||Advertising & Branding||Risk & Risk Management|
Throughout the last two semesters of their studies, our MSc students have the opportunity to choose electives from any of the three specializations we offer at the Montreux Business University. The students have to have a minimum of three electives of one of the offered pathways in order to have a specialization. If the students do not have the minimum of three electives from one pathway, they will be awarded the Master of Science in International Management, which is the generic pathway.
Today’s leaders are expected to be innovative, curious, creative and ethical. Our Master of Science with specialization in International Management not only provides general business skills, but also the ability to be original and to be able to confront the problems and challenges that organizations are facing today. Specializing in International Management will provide you with the ability to understand every aspect of an organization – be it finance, human resources management or marketing, as well as the ability to think globally, thanks to MBU’s multicultural environment.
The MBU Master of Science with specialization in Finance prepares students for the fast-changing environment of the 21st century. Providing the latest aspects of financial management, this specialization equips our students with a high standard of knowledge in various concepts and principles of accounting and finance. This program will help you find a rewarding and prestigious career in finance.
Marketing is a defining factor in every company’s future; it is one of the biggest contributors to an organization’s success. The MBU Master of Science with specialization in Marketing teaches the students the important aspects of how to effectively advertise products, services and brands. This program equips the graduates with fundamental skills that are necessary to be a qualified and efficient international marketer. Being diverse in terms of students’ nationalities is a strong asset, especially in marketing, making it easier for students to understand the challenges that companies face when entering a new country with a different culture.
Human Resources Management
Human Resources Management is a core function of all organizations, which is why Montreux Business University makes sure to equip its students with the necessary components that are required to be an effective Human Resources manager. The MBU Master of Science with specialization in Human Resources Management is determined to provide the students with the crucial issues of the field such as recruitment and selection of employees, their training and development, as well as compensation and rewarding strategies. MBU is one of the key leaders in the Swiss Riviera Region to offer high-quality Human Resources education thanks to its Center for HRM.
- Completed and signed application form
- English language proficiency test
Since English is the language of instruction at MBU, applicants whose first language is not English must take an English language proficiency test.
Students with insufficient knowledge of the language must take intensive English courses at the MBU Language Studies Center until they meet the English language proficiency requirements for admission. Students will be charged additional fees for these ESL courses.
- Bachelor’s Degree and the Official Academic Transcript
Bachelor’s Degree in business or another discipline and official academic transcript Students with a non-business degree should contact the admissions department.
- Two letters of recommendation (one of the letters should be from an academic source)
- Letter of intent (500 words minimum)
- Scanned copy of passport
Students who have a non-business degree may have to pursue a Pre-Master’s program for a period of one to two semesters (three to six months) to prepare for the MBA or the MSc pathway.
How to apply?
- Send us an e-mail to email@example.com
- If you need assistance, have any questions or require additional information, send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
After you have sent all of your application documents to MBU, you will get an answer from the Admissions Department within a week.
We strongly advise you to send your applications as soon as possible in order to ensure your space at MBU.
Once your application has been approved by the Admissions Department of MBU, as well as the Dean, we will send you a scanned copy of your acceptance letter and the invoice.
After receiving your proof of payment, we will send the original acceptance letter to the Embassy of Switzerland in your country and we will let you know. You would have to make an appointment at the embassy as soon as possible.
The visa procedure can take from 6 to 12 weeks, depending on your country of origin, therefore we strongly advise you to apply way ahead of the start of the semesters.
- HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management / Leipzig, Germany
- Solbridge International School of Business / Daejeon, South Korea
- IEDC Bled School of Management / Bled, Slovenia
- University of Business & Technology / Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- ALMA Almaty Management University / Almaty, Kazakhstan
- EDC Paris Business School / Paris, France
- ESC Pau Business School / Pau, France
- MBWay Management & Business School / 14 campuses around France
- Ural Federal University Graduate School of Economics / Ekaterinburg, Russia
- University of West Alabama / Livingston, AL, USA
- Aarhus University / Aarhus, Denmark
- JAMK University of Applied Sciences / Jyvaskyla, Finland
- Wendesheim University of Applied Sciences / Zwolle, The Netherlands
- Lomonosov Moscow State University Business School / Moscow, Russia
- Discuss your academic progress with you;
- Help you define your career goals;
- Based on your strengths and weaknesses, find appropriate career opportunities.
As an MBU student, you will become a lifelong member of the MBU Alumni Network, which will give you the right to benefit from any alumni mentoring programs, while keeping you connected and involved with your university.
Do not hesitate to contact us for any further assistance.
Just give a 100% of yourself and don’t worry you will not be left alone at MBU!
Yulia Bulimova (Russia), MSc Alumni class of 2014
I really enjoyed the professors that are teaching at MBU as they have a strong practical background. There is a very positive energy at MBU, the staff members are very supportive and the atmosphere is very international.
Fabienne Gaberle (Germany), MSc exchange student from HHL
|EU and Swiss Citizens||International Students|
|CHF 27’000 / year||CHF 33’000 / year|
Our MSc tuition fees include:
- Administration fees
- Visa fees
- Study abroad trip – tuition fees
- MBU special events
- an advance payment of CHF 2’000 which will be deducted from the general fee
- Application fee (CHF 150)
- Health Insurance (CHF 1’000 – required)
- Textbooks and e-books (CHF 800 – optional)
- Master Thesis (CHF 2’500 – required)
MBU seeks to have well-qualified students and will offer up to CHF 7,500 to support excelling students in their final year of studies with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 and above.
Students can apply for different loans available in their own countries and are eligible to apply for their studies at MBU. American students can also apply for a Stafford Loan Program.
Tuition payment policy
Full payment of the tuition fees is due upon receipt of the acceptance letter and invoice and prior to the student’s appointment at the Embassy.
For all EU and Swiss citizens: tuition fees are to be paid in full upon receipt of the invoice.